ReLEx® SMILE is mainly an innovative form of eye surgery. This procedure can mainly help correct vision for people with higher degrees of short-sightedness. SMILE is the abbreviated form of small incision lenticule extraction. This procedure is minimally invasive.
Essential benefits to know about the SMILE laser vision correction procedure
Below are some of the important benefits of the SMILE® laser vision correction in Shreveport, LA procedure:
- This type of laser eye surgery is minimally invasive. This implies that this procedure is suitable in comparison to LASIK and LASEK.
- There is no chance of flap complications in SMIL. This is one of the major differences between SMILE eye surgery and other options such as LASIK. This procedure does not lead to any type of complications.
- The SMILE procedure is mainly quick. The time of this treatment is mainly around 20 to 30 minutes.
- Patients can mainly expect to recover quickly after this type of eye surgery. The patients mainly experience less discomfort in comparison to some other methods such as LASIK. In this type of procedure, there are no bandage lenses required.
- A person can have fast results after having SMILE eye surgery. The procedure mainly helps to improve by 80% within the first few hours. After reaching the optimum improvement within a few weeks. This type of procedure mainly can get results after around 24 hours.
- A person is more likely to experience dry eyes after this procedure. This can be LASIK surgery, due to the fact that there’s no flap to heal.
SMILE eye surgery can be the perfect option for some of people having the below conditions:
- If a person has a thinner cornea in comparison to the average cornea
- If a person has an intolerance to the contact lenses
- If a person is having mild to moderate dry eyes
SMILE is a type of laser eye surgery mainly done for correcting nearsightedness. During this procedure, the healthcare professional will use highly focused laser light to cut a small incision in the cornea. They will use it to remove the small piece of corneal tissue. This procedure is a 3rd generation vision correction procedure. This procedure is minimally invasive. This type of procedure helps keep the vision stable for a longer duration.
These are some of the important facts to know about the SMILE laser vision correction procedure in Shreveport, LA.